Message from Fr. Cyriacus
Suspension of the Public Celebration of Masses
Live Mass at 10AM on Sundays from 8.11.20
SUNDAY 22 NOVEMBER 2020
SOLEMNITY OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, KING OF THE UNIVERSE
For everyone, the COVID-19 lockdown has a significant economic implication, as it unveils a period of uncertainty and financial instability. As a Parish family, we are not immune to its negative economic impact. The` inability of parishioners to join in the physical celebration of Mass means that Mass offerings, which are the major source of weekly income for the Parish, are completely non-existent. We still have to meet the bills of the Parish, for even though the Church is closed, the day-to-day running and maintenance of the infrastructure still remains. I thank parishioners who have continued to support the Church via their standing orders and cash donations.
I equally ask for more of your continued financial support for those of you who can still afford it, given that we are sensitive to the fact that some of you are not presently working and some have been furloughed by your employers.
There are several ways in which you can give this support to the Church:
1. Set up a standing order whereby the money is transferred from your bank account to that of the Parish on a weekly or monthly basis.
2. Send me a cheque made out to Our Lady of the Crays Catholic Church.
3. Those of you who use the gift aid envelopes on a weekly basis: If you do not have envelopes for the new tax year (since they are in lockdown in the Church) then in this situation please retain the cash you would usually give and put it in an envelope with your gift aid number on the front. You can then bring this to the Church when we reopen.
4. You can make one-off transfers to the Parish bank account from your own bank account.
5. Donate through the just-giving page whereby you will be able to make donations online to the parish.
6. Scan QR code, using your mobile device, available at various locations within the church and on the newsletter. The QR scanner app is free to download and use which available for both Apple and Anroid devices.
For more information please contact me Or any of the named persons below:
David Philip Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 01689 839683
B. Selvan Email: email@example.com Phone: 07811296716
Thank you and God bless you all.
With every good wishes,
COVID-19 – Update 25 June 20
St. Mary Cray Kent BR5 4AR
10 AM – 4 PM